Wednesday 4 January 2012

Music + MCR.

Time to blog about one of my favourite things: music. Now for those who know me, and those who very vaguely know me, know of my undying love for a band called My Chemical Romance. I was always referred to in my younger teenage years as the "MCR girl." I know they are a very controversial band for many reasons. Some people plain hate them and others don't like their style or the way they choose to portray their message but for me they couldn't have done anything more perfect. To say I love them is a massive understatement. They are a HUGE part of my life and I can't envisage a time when they won't be anymore.
I have been through a number of difficult times in my life, as everyone has and I know many people who have been through much worse but there are selfish times when we feel like no one has it worse and it's times like that, that they have picked me up and reminded me to pull myself together, be myself and don't give a shit about what anyone has to say about you because at the end of the day this is YOUR life and you can do whatever the fuck you want to do with it. Their music speaks to me in a way that I don't believe any other band or any other person can. They themselves are amazing individuals who I doubt will ever completely acknowledge their own brilliance. Because they are brilliant. The most brilliant band there is. Now I'm not preaching as everyone has their own opinion of the band but I do think it is important for people to know what they have done for me individually as well as to the millions of fans around the world. I will never be able to see them enough times live but for the 5 times I have seen them live, they have been the best days.

Now onto other music (yes, I do like other bands). I have a very varied taste in music which many people do not expect from me. For example, I bloody love Britney Spears. Always have, always will. That goes for all old skool pop music as well, I just can't get enough of it! S Club, Five, N* Sync, Backstreet Boys... just fantastic. More recently I have become a big fan of dubsteppy, dance music. Anything I can dance to really. But of course, the true musical love of my life will always be rock in it's many forms. I adore Bring Me The Horizon and Oli Sykes (after meeting him and his model gf - damn her beauty!) and The Blackout (Sean Smith took the piss out of my attempt at a welsh accent), Enter Shikari (met them too) and now to stop boasting and get onto bands I haven't met.. Biffy Clyro, Good Charlotte, letlive., Of Mice and Men, Dance Gavin Dance, Paramore, P!ATD, Nirvana, The Clash, BFMV amongst the thousands of others.

Live music is and always will be a blessing.

"Be yourself, don't take anyone's shit and never let them take you alive" - Gerard Way

No comments:

Post a Comment