Saturday 7 January 2012

Friendship.

Friendship is a funny thing. You don't actually have blood ties to these people but yet they feel like family just as much or more so than your real family. They're there for you no matter what, they tell you when you're wrong, they make you laugh like no one has ever done before and you do all the same for them.
I have a small group of best friends of whom I absolutely adore. There isn't much I wouldn't do for them.
I tell them things I wouldn't dare tell anyone else and I know that they wouldn't pass on this information.

And now they're all of going back to uni while I have another week of being home. Thankfully, I have some other close friends I can see as luckily they are not at university or also have another week. I miss my friends SO MUCH when we're all apart. It's hard to describe how much they mean to me. It's like a part of me is missing and I'm lost without it. When we're all back together, everything is just so much better. I'm happier, more confident, more trustworthy and just generally in a better place. They know me better than anyone and even though I love meeting new people, it takes a very long time before I trust them fully and let them know every side of me. Coming back home, I discovered who my true friends are. The ones you thought you'd keep in contact with and don't and then those who you think you weren't so tight with but actually are.

I'm telling you this because last night was the night before we all went our separate ways once again. And to think about that is very painful as even though we have plans to see each other soon, there are no guarantees. And for the next two months back at uni, I'm not sure what I'll do without them.

No comments:

Post a Comment