Tuesday 8 May 2012

TV & me.

I've always loved TV and films a lot. That's not to say I spend my entire life devoted to the screen but a fair portion. I love immersing myself in fiction or a reality that will never be mine. I like relating to characters and hating on others. I like imagining myself in the situation the characters find themselves in and wishing I could live in the world they do.
But as we all know, films and TV are not reality. Things don't work out as you always want and there isn't the perfect guy for you (necessarily) lurking around the corner just waiting for you and only you. 
Being the dreamer I am, I do believe in soulmates but I also know deep down that I could well be kidding myself and end up all alone. I believe that everything happens for a reason but in all honestly maybe I am just telling myself that to soften the blow of the latest bad news.
A lot of my favourite TV shows involve mythical characters, for example, American Horror Story, True Blood, the Vampire Diaries and Supernatural. I love the idea of something being out there that the majority don't know about. I fancy many of the characters in these shows and therefore, the actors. But it's so hard to remind oneself that the actor is not the character and the character does not exist. 
I would love to believe that I could be the heroine in one of these shows or films, getting the guy and defeating the baddie. 
One of my favourite quotes comes from Billy Loomis in Scream (one of my favourite ever films)
Life is all one big great movie. You just can't pick the genre.
Xo.

No comments:

Post a Comment