Wednesday 11 April 2012

I haven't blogged in a while. So much happens in such a short time.

Sorry to all those who read my blog. I haven't blogged in a while. I've missed it.
My blog in a sense is my diary and every now and again I really need to release some thoughts upon unsuspecting victims readers.
I'm back at home at the moment, have been for over 2 weeks and will be for another week and a half. Uni has broken up for the time being.
It's so strange having two places to live. My home that I've always lived in is so lovely to come back to and strangely, sometimes, I do miss my parents and especially my cat, Treacle. Whenever I have to come home, I don't want to leave uni but then as soon as I'm home, I don't want to go back. I reunite with my best friends and we have the best times like we used always have and then I forget the fun I have at university. I go back to the feeling of when I first went to university and the fear of being homesick. Being homesick (in my opinion) is one of the most horrible feelings in the world as you can't really do anything to stop it. I was dreading how homesick I would be when I first went but never really was. I enjoyed it too much. I get pangs of it, of course, on a bad day.
I recently skyped one of my best friends from univeristy for 4 hours. He made me feel alot better about going back to uni as I remembered how much I adore him. And another of my good friends is coming down to where I live tomorrow and I get to see her.
If I think about it, there is nothing to stay at home for when my friends have gone but I do miss them terribly. I remember how much they accept me for me, however foolish and stupid I can be. They know me inside out and are the weirdest bunch of people I have ever met, which is great coz I am even weirder.
My friends at uni are great but I do wonder sometimes, can they ever compare? I hate to ask it but sometimes I'm not sure.
I will leave you with a brilliant quote from Jack Dawson (Titanic 3D is the best thing ever, go watch it)
"I figure life's a gift and I don't intend on wasting it. You have to learn to take life as it comes to you... to make each day count."
Xo.

No comments:

Post a Comment